Just because you’re eating vegetarian or vegan doesn’t mean you’re eating healthy. How does vegan cheese, ice cream and other junk food affect stroke risk?
Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive our B12 infographic that covers the latest research takeaways and Dr. Greger’s updated recommendations: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe/
From a medical standpoint, labels like vegan and vegetarian just tell me what you don’t eat. It’s like identifying yourself as a “No-Twinkie-atarian.” Uh, that’s great that you don’t eat Twinkies, but what’s the rest of your diet like?
OK, so what are the healthiest foods? Check out my daily dozen (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/dr-gregers-daily-dozen-checklist/).
To catch up on the series so far, check out:
• What to Eat for Stroke Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-to-eat-for-stroke-prevention)
• What Not to Eat for Stroke Prevention (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/what-not-to-eat-for-stroke-prevention)
• Do Vegetarians Really Have Higher Stroke Risk? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/do-vegetarians-really-have-higher-stroke-risk)
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Vitamin D? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vegetarians-and-stroke-risk-factors-vitamin-d)
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Omega 3s? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vegetarians-and-stroke-risk-factors-omega-3s)
Stay tuned for:
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Saturated Fat? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vegetarians-and-stroke-risk-factors-saturated-fat)
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Animal Protein? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vegetarians-and-stroke-risk-factors-animal-protein)
• Vegetarians and Stroke Risk Factors—Vitamin B12 & Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vegetarians-and-stroke-risk-factors-vitamin-b12-and-homocysteine)
• How to Test for Functional Vitamin B12 Deficiency (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-test-for-functional-vitamin-b12-deficiency)
• Should Vegetarians Take Creatine to Normalize Homocysteine? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/should-vegetarians-take-creatine-to-normalize-homocysteine)
• The Efficacy and Safety of Creatine for High Homocysteine (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-efficacy-and-safety-of-creatine-for-high-homocysteine)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/vegetarians-and-stroke-risk-factors-vegan-junk-food and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at https://nutritionfacts.org/video/vegetarians-and-stroke-risk-factors-vegan-junk-food. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgements for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
Captions for this video are available in several languages; you can find yours in the video settings.
• Subscribe: https://nutritionfacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: https://nutritionfacts.org/donate
• Podcast : https://nutritionfacts.org/audio
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook): https://nutritionfacts.org/books
• Shop: https://drgreger.org
View the Original Source by Clicking Here