Happy Vegan Thanksgiving (aka Thanksliving)!! RECIPES BELOW!
Thank you to Califia Farms for sponsoring this video. Check out all of their amazing products here: https://www.califiafarms.com/
LINK TO MY COOKBOOK http://bit.ly/SweetPotatoSoulCookbook
COCONUT BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP: http://bit.ly/coconutbutternutsquashsoup
HEARTY VEGAN LENTIL LOAF
(recipe originally published in my cookbook, Sweet Potato Soul. Order it here: http://bit.ly/SweetPotatoSoulCookbook)
1 cup dried green lentils, sorted and rinsed
3 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
1 cup finely diced yellow onion
1 cup finely diced celery
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup shredded carrot
10 ounces baby bella mushrooms, minced (about 2 cups)
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1 cup finely chopped toasted walnuts
1 cup bread crumbs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more to taste
Red chili flakes to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 2 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add the lentils, partially cover the pan with a lid, and cook until tender, 30 to 45 minutes, stirring halfway through. Drain and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, stir together the flax seed meal and ½ cup water. Set it aside to thicken for at least 3 minutes.
3. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and sauté until the onion begins to soften, about 3 minutes. Add the shredded carrot and mushrooms, sautéing until the mushrooms begin to soften and release their liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir in the thyme and fennel seeds and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
5. Once the mushrooms are soft, add the nutritional yeast, cooked lentils, flax mixture, walnuts, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, and chili flakes to the skillet. Stir well to combine all the ingredients. Taste for seasoning and add more salt and pepper if desired. The mixture should stick together, but if it doesn’t, place about 1 cup of it into a food processor and pulse until it’s a thick mush. Stir that back into the skillet.
6. Scoop the mixture into the prepared loaf pan and press firmly into the pan. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the loaf feels firm to the touch.
7. Let it cool for 10 to 20 minutes before slicing.
** Glaze I added to the loaf in the video was 3 tbsp of balsamic vinegar, and 3 tablespoons of ketchup. Stir that together and spread over the loaf before it goes into the oven.
EASY MASHED SWEET POTATOES
3 sweet potatoes
1 teaspoon oil
¼ cup Califia Farms pumpkin spice almondmilk creamer
¼ -½ teaspoon sea salt
Pomegranate seeds for garnish
Preheat oven to 400°.
Poke holes in the sweet potatoes with a fork. Coat each potato with oil, then set them onto a baking sheet or cast iron skillet.
Roast for about 1 hour, or until the sweet potatoes are super tender.
Once cool enough to handle, scoop the flesh of the potatoes into a bowl. Add the pumpkin spice creamer and salt, and mash. Season with more salt to taste if needed.
MY VEGAN THANKSGIVING PLAYLIST http://bit.ly/veganthanksgivingrecipes
MORE VEGAN THANKSGIVING RECIPES ON MY BLOG…
• Slow cooker stuffing (pictured in thumbnail pic) http://bit.ly/veganslowcookerstuffing
• Maple mustard tempeh salad https://sweetpotatosoul.com/2016/10/fall-maple-mustard-tempeh-buddha-bowl.html
• Sweet potato parsnip bisque https://sweetpotatosoul.com/2015/11/sweet-potato-parsnip-bisque.html
• Arugula pesto + farro pilaf https://sweetpotatosoul.com/2015/01/arugula-pesto-farro-pilaf.html
• Smoky maple brussels sprouts & carrots https://sweetpotatosoul.com/2017/11/smoky-maple-roasted-brussels-sprouts-carrots.html
• Easy nut-free mac & cheese https://sweetpotatosoul.com/2017/09/nut-free-vegan-mac-cheese.html
• Smoky collards https://sweetpotatosoul.com/2017/04/vegan-southern-collard-greens.html
Thanks for watching!! Make sure to subscribe to my channel. New videos every week ️ @sweetpotatosoul
For great free vegan recipes and inspiration visit:
Keep in touch!!
View the Original Source by Clicking Here